All those concerned with Economic Development are only too aware of increasing competition and the
sophistication of those vying for the attention of international and domestic investors. These
factors, coupled with the complexities of international tax and finance, have created a need for a
Seminar especially designed to cover these issues.
WFZC are pleased to be able to offer such a programme, with the support of the IBFD, which will be
particularly suited to officials from Investment Promotion Agencies, Development Banks, Zones and
Industrial Parks as well as site selection professionals and corporate executives. The objective is to facilitate
discussions with potential investors which will help create the maximum financial and other
benefits for all concerned.
This programme follows on from the highly successful visits to the World Customs Organisation and
the World Trade Organisation in 2011 and 2012 and offers a unique opportunity to study cross-
border tax efficient mechanisms and their impact on investment policies.
About the IBFD
IBFD is a unique centre of expertise offering high quality information and education on
International Tax. IBFD´s powerful research platform allows tax practitioners around the world to
access this valuable content, on which they can rely to do their work faster and more effectively.
IBFD is the pre-eminent independent (non profit) foundation with the ultimate goal to promote and
disseminate the understanding of cross-border taxation at the highest level.
Who Should Attend?
This seminar is suitable for officials from Zone Authorities and Investment Promotion Agencies,
Development Banks, Zone and Industrial Parks operators as well as site selection professionals and
At WFZC we monitor Special Economic
Zones around the world and more than 120 countries
now have some form of zone development programme - India, China & South East Asia, Middle East, North and South America, Russia and Central Asia, Europe and Africa.
Speakers and Delegates who have participated in our meetings represent a wide cross-section of organisations from almost all these countries, and from others considering their establishment - Zones and the Authorities who regulate them, Government Ministries, Investment Promotion Agencies, Corporates and Location Specialists as well as Investors, Banks and other Financial Advisers.
Since 2001 WFZC has built up an unparalleled network of partners, sponsors and speakers who have contributed to events held in London, Brussels, Skopje, Cairo, Cape Town, Cannes, Izmir, Geneva, Paris, Kuala Lumpur, Charleston, Hyderabad, India, The Netherlands, Dublin, Ras Al Khaimah, Poland, China, Dubai and Trieste. See our History pages for reviews of the
events and our Library pages for a review of presentations which have been made.
THE 2013 WORLD FREE ZONE CONVENTION WEBSITE AWARDS
presented at the IZMIR 2013 Convention and supported by
2013 WINNERS Category ONE !
ASB (Avrupa Free Zone Development & Operating Co.), Turkey
|AND THE RUNNER-UP !
MESBAS, (Mersin Free Zone Development & Operating Co.), Turkey
2013 WINNERS Category TWO !
Special Economic Zones Authority of Rwanda (SEZAR)
|AND THE RUNNER-UP !
Kuwait Foreign Investment Bureau, Kuwait
Recent Events :
2013 CONVENTION REVIEW and See the Gallery Photos
"A NEW ERA FOR FREE & SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONES"
How zones are changing to meet the world's economic needs
The 2013 World Free Zone Convention took place at a time full of excitement and promise for free and special economic zones around the world. The title and topics reflected the fast pace of zone developments observed over the past twelve months
Hosted by AEGEAN FREE ZONE DEVELOPMENT AND OPERATING CO.
Wednesday 11th & Thursday 12th December 2013, Optional Training Courses, Monday 9th & Tuesday 10th December 2013
The London branch of the CBN TV (Chinese TV) have covered the conference in Izmir and they broadcasted it on the news in China.
http://www.yicai.com/video/2013/12/3214629.html (12-12-13 12:00 Lunch time news)
http://v.pps.tv/play_3AJ8YM.html(11-12-13 10:00 Morning news)
In case the second video doesn’t work, try this one http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjQ2NjgyOTY0.html
There is also an article written By Andreas Dressler, Managing Director of Terrain Global, published on the Site Selection website. You can either put the link on the website or you can upload the pdf together with the presentations and photos.
The link is http://www.siteselection.com/ssinternational/2013/jan/europe.cfm and the pdf is attached.
Press Release bulletin prepared by ESBAS.
A special feature of this year's Convention was the choice and appointment of the new panel of global WFZC Ambassadors from many regions of the world amongst this year's participants
WFZC Training & Development 2013
HOW ZONES CAN SUCCEED IN GLOBAL LOGISTICS AND THE SUPPLY CHAIN
ACHIEVING EXCELLENCE IN INVESTOR ATTRACTION - THE ROLE OF BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE AND INCENTIVES
Speakers from Investment Consulting Associates (ICA), Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Location : Johannesburg, South Africa
Dates : 16th and 17th May 2013
NEWS about ZONES and INVESTMENT
News Services from our partners - Click the links to open a window
- IPA World News, leads and investor profiles on international company investment moves
Highlights since 2001
- WTO Director General and EU Negotiator on WFZC platforms in 2001-2003
- IPAWorld supports Free Zone Website Awards (2002 - present)
- Foreign Direct Investment magazine becomes media partner (2002)
- Partnership with CEI / EBRD at Skopje governmental conference
- Report "Challenges, Threats and Opportunities for the world's Free Zones" presented at the Brussels Convention (2003)
and visit to European Parliament and other European Union institutions
- Daily News from Oxford Intelligence launched on WFZC website
- Special analysis of International Law on Incentives, Benefits, Competition and State Aids in London 2003
- Courses and Training Division established
- WFZC becomes World Bank FDI Xchange partner (2004)
- Post Conference visit to Free Zones in Cairo, Egypt
- WFZC supports WAIPA (World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies) meetings from 2004
- WFZC infrastructure seminar at MIPIM international property exhibition in Cannes (2005/06)
- First WFZC meeting held in a Free Zone (Aegean Free Zone, Izmir) with Ministerial Round Table, resulting in Conference Declaration
and Financial Times publishes full page article on Free Zones (2005)
- WFZC assists with the launch of Pan African Free Zone Association at 5th Convention in London
- Site Selection magazine from the US becomes new media partner (2006)
- World Customs Organisation & WFZC sign joint Declaration at Geneva Briefing & Forum (2006)
- AFZA (Africa Free Zones Association) Memorandum of agreement signed at 6th Convention in Paris (2006)
- 2nd Joint Briefing with WCO held in their Headquarters Building in Brussels (2007) with a contribution from the China Free Trade Zone and Export Processing Zones Association
- 7th Annual Convention held in Asia (Kuala Lumpur) in November 2007 with Site Selection as new media partner
- REIDIN.com property and infrastructure information provider becomes new partner 2008
- Monthly WFZC Zones Activity Report launched in February 2008
- Port Master Planning 3 Day Training Course held in The Netherlands (June 2008)
- 8th Convention held in Charleston, South Carolina, USA in December 2008
- Supply Chain Management Master Planning 2 1/2 Day Course held in The Netherlands (March 2009 and April 2010)
- 9th Annual Convention held in Hyderabad, India (December 2009)
- Infrastructure & Real Estate Investment Planning And Management For Zones And Industrial/technology Parks 3 Day training programme & study tour Dublin and Shannon Ireland (July 2010)
- 10th Anniversary Convention held in Ras Al Khaimah, UAE ( November 2010) and Appointment of WFZC Ambassadors
- Port Master Planning & Special Economic and Industrial Zones in co-operation with DHV Group and the Port of Rotterdam Amsterdam (April 2011)
- Training Course + Study Tour to Katovice and Lodz, Poland ( June 2011)
- 11th Convention held in Pudong, Shanghai, China with joint communiqué in November 2011
- 2 1/2 Day Training Course + Visit to World Customs Organisation HQ in Brussels ( March 2012)
- 2 Day Workshop in Dubai, UAE ( June 2012)
- 2 day Conference in collaboration with the Port Authority of Trieste, Italy (July 2012)
- Training Workshop with a visit to WTO Headquarters in Geneva (October 2012)
- 12th Convention held in London, UK with joint declaration in December 2012
- WFZC Training & Development 2013 in Sandton, South Africa (May 2013)
- 2 day Conference in collaboration with the Port Authority of Gioia Tauro, Italy (June 2013)
- 13th Convention held in Izmir, Turkey in December 2013